9 things to do in auckland in winter
Short days and cold nights, that’s when you know winter is here!
There are times where you just want to stay home wrap yourself in a blanket and binge watch Netflix, other times you feel like going out, but you just don’t know what to do right?
Things to do:
- Go to a sports game. We live in a rugby-mad country, to have never gone to a rugby game, you’re truly missing out, the atmosphere, the fans the overall vibe it’s just electric (apart from the blues this season). Super Rugby, the All Blacks, and the Vodafone Warriors have put on amazing performances this far into the season, why not go watch them live and soak in the atmosphere.
Apart from rugby, there’s also netball games going on every week.
- Get your Adrenaline pumping at Rainbow’s End. Just 20 minutes from the CBD, it can be fun for the whole family, a little overpriced in my opinion, but if you’re looking for a day out, why not?
- It doesn’t snow in Auckland, and there might be days where you want to go skiing but don’t want to drive 4 hours to Mt Ruapehu, you could just drive 40 minutes North of Auckland and find yourself at Snowplanet. Or have fun ice-skating at the skating rink.
- We are surrounded by the ocean, and at times we feel like getting closer to the underwater world Kelly Tarlton’s does just that
- Cold winter days we just want to be warm every way possible pamper Parakai Springs (Northwest of Auckland).
- Our big little city is full of history, explore all of this at The Auckland Museum, MOTAT, Maritime Museum, or Navy Museum
- Get a group of friends together and release your inner competitiveness at Laser Tag or show your true stalking, I mean detective skills at the Escape room. Or even make some great memories at Auckland’s scream park Spookers, but be warned, it’s not for the faint-hearted and it is strictly R16.
- In my opinion, one of the best stress relievers is taking the stress out on something, so why not do exactly that at the golf range and is very inexpensive! or try a bit of therapy and at mini golf.
- Relax among beautiful greenery, flowers, and plants at the Auckland Winter garden. Surround yourself around flora and fauna only found in the winter months.This Winter Auckland also has a number of festivals coming up
“Collect moments, not things”